What is the July Cover Contest?
It's a contest for your photo to be on our July Cover and in our July issue! Want to have your photo featured as the cover of our July 2022 issue? We will accept the first 60 entries, beginning June 3rd at noon CST and running until June 15th at noon CST or until the contest is full.
What is this year's theme?
This year's theme is the Bartlesville Community Center! We are proud of this great little city we call home with its unique history and vibrant downtown and we want to celebrate this building's unique design by William Wesley Peters, apprentice and protege of Frank Lloyd Wright, as well as former chief architect of Taliesin West. We were looking for the perfect photo that captures the beauty of the Bartlesville Community Center. We can't wait to see your favorite shots of the outside and inside of this building, and we're sure there will be some great ones!
What are the rules?
We require all entrants to adhere to these contest rules and guidelines:
- You must own or have permission to submit the photo you are entering.
- Vertical photos are needed for the cover to work best and keep in mind the bmonthly logo is always in the upper right section of the cover so that part of your photo shouldn't be the focal point. The perfect photo will accommodate those requirements, and only photos that accommodate those requirements will be considered for the Judges' Choice Winner.
- Digital manipulation of photos is allowed.
- Photos must be high-resolution originals.
- No photos of people, we are looking for architectural pictures.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to allow bmonthly to use your photo in future print or digital promotions.
How does it work?
- When the contest is open, a link to the registration form will be available. Please complete the form and upload your photo to enter.
- Submissions on Facebook will not be accepted.
- Once you have submitted the form (please only hit the submit button 1 time and give it a minute to upload your large files), you will see a confirmation page and receive a confirmation email shortly after. Please be patient, as the email may take a few minutes to send.
- You may enter up to 3 photos by filling out 1 form for each, individually. Any additional entries will be disqualified.
- The form will be closed when we receive the maximum number of entries.
- We'll post the photos on the Bartlesville Monthly Magazine Facebook page. Vote for the Reader's Choice winner by liking your favorite photos on the Bartlesville Monthly Magazine Facebook page.
- Winners are picked for TWO categories: Judge's Choice for the Cover and People's Choice featured inside the magazine!
July Cover Judge's Choice Category
The winner in our July Cover category will be chosen by a panel of judges.
People's Choice Category
Chosen by popular vote on Facebook, this photo will be featured inside the magazine. Send your friends to the Bartlesville Monthly Magazine Facebook page to like the page and like the post to vote for the People's Choice!
Our Judge's Choice winner will be featured on our July cover. The Judge's Choice winner will also receive two 2022-23 Season tickets for Broadway in Bartlesville!
The People's Choice winner, chosen by the most likes on our Facebook page, will be featured with a full page picture inside the magazine, and will also receive a $50 gift card from Painted Horse.